Colonial America (Costume and Fashion Source Books)
With the first settlers in the New World came styles of clothing from the Old World that eventually mixed with new styles, as trade routes and shipping made cloth and other materials hard to come by and expensive. As the colonists settled along the eastern seaboard, clothing remained an important part of social identity and coping with new surroundings. In "Colonial America", readers will learn how men and women dressed, from the earliest settlers to those who fought in the Revolutionary War, from the rich landowners to the poorest servants. Stills from popular movies and plays, along with informative sidebars, assist in re-creating colonial dress for students' own projects.The chapters include: The First Settlers, Costume in the Colonies, Growth, Made in America, Military Uniforms, and Textiles.
- Dewey Decimal: 391.0097309032
- Physical Description: 64 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-04-30
- Children's Books -- Arts & Music -- Art -- Fashion
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- United States -- Colonial & Revolutionary
- Children's Books -- Reference & Nonfiction -- General
- Children's Books -- Reference & Nonfiction -- General AAS
- Teens -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books