Designed with practicing dermatologists, dermatology trainees, physicians, and scientists interested in photoprotection in mind, this concise and highly illustrated guide provides the latest knowledge of photoprotection in dermatology and cosmetic science. Clinical Guide to Sunscreens and Photoprotection also addresses recent important international and domestic regulatory activity and requirements on the use of novel sun protective chemicals and proper labeling of products to ensure increased consumer awareness.
Front Cover; Title Page; Preface; Contents; Chapter 1- History of Photoprotection; Chapter 2- Chemistry and Properties of Organic and Inorganic UV Filters; Chapter 3- Formulation and Stability of Sunscreen Products; Chapter 4- Assessment of Photoprotective Properties of Sunscreens; Chapter 5- Worldwide Regulation of UV Filters: Current Status and Future Trends; Chapter 6- Sunscreens and Photodermatoses; Chapter 7- Sunscreens and Photocarcinogenesis; Chapter 8- Sunscreens, Photoimmunosuppression, and Photoaging; Chapter 9- Effect of Photoprotection on Vitamin D and Health. Chapter 10- Systemic Effects of Topically Applied Sunscreen IngredientsChapter 11- New and Emerging Sunscreen Technologies; Chapter 12- DNA Repair and Photoprotection; Chapter 13- Photoprotection in Moisturizers and Day Care Products; Chapter 14- Photoprotection in Colored Cosmetics; Chapter 15- Photoprotection and Products to Simulate or Stimulate UV Tanning; Chapter 16- Oral and Other Non-sunscreen Photoprotective Agents; Chapter 17. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 616.51505
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 322 p.
- Medicine -- Specialties -- Dermatology
- Medicine -- General
- Medicine -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine -- Dermatology
- Photosensitivity Disorders
- Sunscreens (Cosmetics)
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books