Profiles Claire Lee Chennault who, after retiring from the United States Army Air Corps, volunteered as an advisor to Chiang Kai-Shek and led both Chinese and American air troops against Japan during World War II.
Includes bibliographical references and index. A lousy way to start a war -- Evolution of a fighter pilot -- Letter from the Orient -- Birth of a legend -- A December to remember -- "Without stint or question" -- The Fourteenth Air Force -- Such things as others only dream of.
- LCC: E745
- Dewey Decimal: 940.54/4973/092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 108 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (HC)
- Chennault, Claire Lee,1893-1958 -- Juvenile literature
- Generals -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- Army Air Forces -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- China -- Kong jun -- American Volunteer Group -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American -- Juvenile literature
- Chennault, Claire Lee,1893-1958
- Air pilots
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books