Civil War Maryland: Stories from the Old Line State
By the time the American Civil War began, the agrarian, slave-owning South and the rapidly industrializing North had become almost two separate nations. As a border state with ties to both sides, Maryland and its people played a unique role in the war. This series of essays on Maryland's involvement in the conflict and its aftermath highlights some of the personalities and events that make Maryland's Civil War stories unusual and compelling. Author Richard P. Cox draws on original sources and contributions from historians to relate the many ironies, curiosities and legends that abound. This volume will appeal to those who want to be introduced to the Civil War in Maryland as well as to those already well versed in the subject.
- Dewey Decimal: 973.7452
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.2"x0.6"; 0.9 lb; 160 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-07-15
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Historical -- United States -- Civil War
- History -- Americas -- United States -- Civil War
- History -- Americas -- United States -- State & Local
- History -- Military -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books