Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture, Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, Qigong and Meditation for Total Health (Health Essentials)
Designed to help the curious newcomer gain a clear understanding of complementary healthcare, Health Essentials is a series of practical books which give the facts you need to know about natural therapies and describe how they work for you. Exceptionally clear and concise, each text is complemented by attractive illustrations. Chinese Medicine is growing more and more popular in the West. Increasing numbers of us know that acupuncture and herbal remedies can help us - yet we do not understand how or why. Tom Williams' introduction show how Chinese Medicine sees the human body, and how Qi, Jing and Shen (the three treasures - energy, essence and mind/spirit) and the other basic body substances interact to bring bodily harmony. He explains:- The philosophic principles underpinning Chinese Medicine; The meridians of the body, their nature and functions; The Zang Fu system and causes of bodily disharmony; How a diagnosis is made; Treatment optins, including acupuncture, herbal remedies, qqigong, meditation and nutrition
- Dewey Decimal: 610.951
- Physical Description: 5.2"x8.3"x0.6"; 0.1 lb; 158 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1995-03
- Health, Mind & Body -- Alternative Medicine
- Health, Mind & Body -- Exercise & Fitness -- Tai Chi & Qi Gong
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books