Children's literature & social studies: selecting and using notable books in the classroom
"A Publication of National Council for the Social Studies"--P.  of cover. Pages 73-74 blank for notes. Includes bibliographical references. PART I: SELECTING BOOKS FOR CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION. -- Nonfiction read-aloud programs / Christina B. Woll -- One hundred notable picture books in the field of social studies / Cherryl Sage -- Great geography using notable trade books / Robert Stremme -- Newer biographies are "Better than before" / Shirley Wilton -- The treatment of war and conflict in young adult literature / Jack Zevin -- PART II: USING BOOKS IN CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION. -- Talk shows and trade books / Arlene F. Gallagher -- Using literature sets to promote conversation about social studies topics / Myra Zarnowski -- Adopting Exit 109: literature promotes action / Vicki Weiss -- Books in brief bolster learning / Jane Brem -- Developing literature packets to foster social studies learning -- / Judith S. Wooster -- Using literature folders / Alvis T. Harthern -- People who take risks / Jacqueline A. Abbott.
- LCC: LB1584
- Dewey Decimal: 372.8
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 74 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Social sciences -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- United States
- Children -- United States -- Books and reading
- Curriculum planning -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books