Chasing Cool: Standing Out in Today's Cluttered Marketplace
The former creative director and co-CEO of Barneys joins forces with a celebrated twenty-eight-year-old marketing maverick to teach readers how to break through the clutter and achieve a relevant point of difference in this entertaining and imminently readable book.Cool isn't just a state of mind, a celebrity fad, or an American obsession-it's a business. Combining Gene Pressman's revolutionary creative vision with Noah Kerner's marketing expertise, Chasing Cool digs beneath the surface and reveals how emphasizing long-lasting relevance trumps a fleeting preoccupation with what's hot and what's not.Although other books have zeroed in on a single aspect of the cool factor, Chasing Cool expands the playing field by including interviews with business icons, in-depth research, and personal anecdotes. This stunning reference includes interviews with more than seventy of today's most respected luminaries, from Tom Ford and Russell Simmons to Richard Meier and Bonnie Fuller. In a multidimensional, entertaining, and imminently readable book that redefines how to appeal to today's savvy consumer, Pressman and Kerner explore the lessons to be learned by America's shortsighted search for the ever-popular concept of cool.
- Dewey Decimal: 658.8
- Physical Description: 5.4"x7.6"x0.6"; 0.2 lb
- Edition Info: MP3 CD; 2007-05-15
- Business & Investing -- Marketing & Sales -- Consumer Behavior
- Business & Investing -- Marketing & Sales -- Marketing -- Research
- Professional & Technical
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books