Cardiothoracic surgical nursing: current trends in adult care
This book is an ideal reference source for nurses specializing in the care of adult patients with cardiac and thoracic surgical diseases. The text has been designed for nurses working with cardiothoracic surgical patients, providing them with a broad overview for their clinical practice. Coverage includes cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases and operative procedures, as well as transplantation and trauma. Chapters on preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative evaluation and management, and numerous illustrations make this a truly comprehensive reference for this expanding area of nursing.
Previous ed. published in 1995. Includes bibliographical references and index. Ch. 1. Coronary Artery Disease -- Ch. 2. Valvular Heart Disease -- Ch. 3. Disorders of the Thoracic Aorta -- Ch. 4. Cardiac Rhythm Disorders -- Ch. 5. Cardiomyopathies -- Ch. 6. Congenital Heart Disease in Adults -- Ch. 7. Other Cardiovascular Disorders -- Ch. 8. Diagnostic Evaluation of Cardiac Disease -- Ch. 9. Preoperative Management -- Ch. 10. Education and Psychological Support for the Patient and Family -- Ch. 11. Intraoperative Patient Management -- Ch. 12. Cardiopulmonary Bypass -- Ch. 13. Myocardial Protection -- Ch. 14. Blood Conservation -- Ch. 15. Surgical Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease -- Ch. 16. Surgical Treatment of Valvular Heart Disease -- Ch. 17. Surgery on the Thoracic Aorta -- Ch. 18. Surgical Treatment of Cardiac Rhythm Disorders -- Ch. 19. Surgical Treatment of Congenital Heart Disease in Adults -- Ch. 20. Permanent Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators -- Ch. 21. Surgical Treatment of Other Cardiovascular Disorders -- Ch. 22. Postoperative Patient Management. Ch. 23. Hemodynamic Monitoring -- Ch. 24. Twelve-Lead Electrocardiography and Atrial Electrograms -- Ch. 25. Cardiac Arrhythmias -- Ch. 26. Temporary Pacing and Defibrillation -- Ch. 27. Cardiovascular Medications -- Ch. 28. Complications of Cardiac Operations -- Ch. 29. Management of Critically Ill Patients -- Ch. 30. Circulatory Assist Devices -- Ch. 31. Heart, Lung, and Heart-Lung Transplantation -- Ch. 32. Cardiac and Thoracic Trauma -- Ch. 33. Pulmonary, Tracheal, and Pleural Diseases -- Ch. 34. Esophageal Diseases -- Ch. 35. Diseases of the Mediastinum and Chest Wall -- Ch. 36. Diagnostic Evaluation of Thoracic Diseases -- Ch. 37. Preoperative Management and Counseling -- Ch. 38. Surgical Treatment of Pulmonary Diseases -- Ch. 39. Surgical Treatment of Esophageal Diseases -- Ch. 40. Surgery of the Pleura, Trachea, Chest Wall and Mediastinum -- Ch. 41. Postoperative Management of Thoracic Surgical Patients -- Ch. 42. Pleural Thoracostomy Drainage. Ch. 43. Complications of Thoracic Operations -- Ch. 44. Postoperative Chest Roentgenogram Interpretation.
- LCC: RD536
- Dewey Decimal: 610.73/677
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 587 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Chest -- Surgery -- Nursing
- Heart -- Surgery -- Nursing
- Perioperative Nursing -- methods
- Cardiovascular Diseases -- nursing
- Cardiovascular Diseases -- surgery
- Thoracic Diseases -- nursing
- Thoracic Diseases -- surgery
- Heart -- Diseases -- Nursing
- Surgical Nursing -- methods
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books