Brothers estranged: heresy, Christianity, and Jewish identity in late antiquity
Includes bibliographical references (p. -260) and indexes. "Where is their God?" : destruction, defeat, and identity crisis -- Conceptualizing minut : the denial of God and the renunciation of his people -- Laws of minim -- Becoming minut : labeling the early Christians as minim -- Christian belief and rabbinic faith -- Significant brothers -- Conclusion: A different perspective.
- LCC: BM496.9
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 272 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Religion & Spirituality -- Judaism -- History of Religion
- Religion & Spirituality -- Religious Studies -- Comparative Religion
- Heresy in rabbinical literature
- Rabbinical literature -- History and criticism
- Jewish heretics
- Providence and government of God -- Judaism
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity
- Christianity and other religions -- Judaism
- Judaism -- History -- Talmudic period, 10-425
- Solidarity -- Religious aspects -- Judaism
- Faith (Judaism)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books