Blood, power, and bedlam: violations of international criminal law in post-colonial Africa
"Blood, Power, and Bedlam examines the etiology of violations of international criminal law in four post-colonial African states. With a particular focus on genocide and crimes against humanity, and integrated theory is produced and historical, political, economic, and structural aspects are explored. The book's main intent is an analysis of the worst crimes humans commit and how, in the cases examined, they arise out of a post-colonial environment. Attention is given to existing or potential applications of international social control."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -230) Ch. 1. A Criminology of Violations of International Criminal Law -- Ch. 2. Whither Justice? International Law -- Ch. 3. The Pathology of Disorder: Postcolonial Social (Dis)Organization -- Ch. 4. Cutting the Tall Trees -- Ch. 5. The Unending War -- Ch. 6. Two Centuries of Horror -- Ch. 7. Again the World Stood by and Watched -- Ch. 8. Explaining Atrocity.
- Dewey Decimal: 345.6/0238
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 230 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- History -- Africa -- General
- History -- Africa -- General AAS
- Law -- Criminal Law -- General
- Law -- Criminal Law -- General AAS
- Law -- International Law -- General
- Law -- International Law -- General AAS
- Law -- General
- Law -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Criminal Law -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Criminal Law -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- International Law
- Criminal liability (International law)
- War crimes -- Africa
- Crimes against humanity -- Africa
- Criminal liability -- Africa
- International offenses -- Africa
- Political violence -- Africa
- Africa -- Social conditions -- 1960
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books