Black Holes: Theory and Observation: Proceedings of the 179th W.E. Heraeus Seminar Held at Bad Honnef, Germany, 18-22 August 1997 (Lecture Notes in Physics)
This book addresses graduate students in the first place and is meant as a modern compendium to the existing texts on black hole astrophysics. The authors present in pedagogically written articles our present knowledge on black holes covering mathematical models including numerical aspects and physics and astronomical observations as well. In addition, in their write-up of a panel discussion the participants of the school address the existence of black holes consenting that it has by now been verified with certainty.
- Dewey Decimal: 523.8875
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.2"x1.2"; 2.0 lb; 519 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1998-12-17
- Science -- Astronomy -- Astronomy
- Science -- Astronomy -- Astrophysics & Space Science
- Science -- Astronomy -- Solar System
- Science -- Astronomy -- Star-Gazing
- Science -- General
- Science -- Nature & Ecology -- Rocks & Minerals
- Science -- Physics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Astronomy -- Astronomy
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Astronomy -- Astrophysics & Space Science
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Physics -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books