Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction: biosocialities, genetics, and the social sciences / Sahra Gibbon and Carlos Novas -- Charity, breast cancer activism, and the iconic figure of the BRCA carrier / Sahra Gibbon -- Brains, pedigrees, and promises: lessons from the politics of autism genetics / Chloe Silverman -- Biosociality and susceptibility genes: a cautionary tale / Margaret Lock -- Biology, sociality, and reproductive modernity in Ecuadorian in-vitro fertilization: the particulars of place / Elizabeth Roberts -- Biosociality & bio-crossings: encounters with assisted conception and embryonic stem cells in India / Aditya Bhardawaj -- Synecdochic Ricochets: biosocialities in a Jerusalem IVF clinic / Michal Nahman -- Patients, profits, and values: myozyme as an exemplar of biosociality / Carlos Novas -- Biocapital as an emergent form of life: speculations on the figure of the -- Experimental subject / Kaushik Sunder Rajan -- Afterword: concept work / Paul Rabinow.
- Dewey Decimal: 576.5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 198 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback)
- Social sciences
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetics, Medical
- Genome, Human
- Reproductive Medicine
- Social medicine
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books