Includes bibliographical references and index. Historical introduction and overview -- Collecting and storing sequences in the laboratory -- Alignment of pairs of sequences -- Introduction to probability and statistical analysis of sequence alignments -- Multiple sequence alignment -- Sequence database searching for similar sequences -- Phylogenetic prediction -- Prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Gene prediction and regulation -- Protein classification and structure prediction -- Genome analysis -- Bioinformatics programming using Perl and Perl modules -- Analysis of microarrays. Electronic access restricted to Vanderbilt users. Also available online.
- LCC: QH441.2
- Dewey Decimal: 572.8/633
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 692 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Genetics -- Data processing
- Nucleotide sequence
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Computational Biology
- Sequence Analysis, DNA
- Base Sequence
- Sequence Analysis, RNA
- G?en?etique -- Informatique
- S?equence nucl?eotidique
- S?equence des acides amin?es
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books