Biochemistry of Lipids, Lipoproteins and Membranes
This is the third edition of this advanced textbook, written with two major objectives in mind. One is to provide an advanced textbook covering the major areas in the fields of lipid, lipoprotein, and membrane biochemistry, and molecular biology. The seco.
Front Cover; Biochemistry of Lipids, Lipoproteins and Membranes; Copyright Page; Preface; List of contributors; Contents; Chapter 1. Physical properties and functional roles of lipids in membranes; Chapter 2. Lipid metabolism in prokaryotes; Chapter 3. Oxidation of fatty acids; Chapter 4. Fatty acid synthesis in eukaryotes; Chapter 5. Fatty acid desaturation and chain elongation in eukaryotes; Chapter 6. Glycerolipid biosynthesis in eukaryotes; Chapter 7, Ether-linked lipids and their bioactive species: occurrence, chemistry, metabolism, regulation, and function; Chapter 8. Phospholipases. Chapter 9. Glycerolipids in signal transductionChapter 10. Adipose tissue and lipid metabolism; Chapter 11. The eicosanoids: cyclooqgenase. lipoxygenase. and epoxygenase pathways; Chapter 12. Sphingolipids: metabolism and cell signalling; Chapter 13. Isoprenoids, sterols and bile acids; Chapter 14. Lipid metabolism in plants; Chapter 15. Lipid assembly into cell membranes; Chapter 16. Assembly of proteins into membran. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 574.19/2 s 574.19/247 20
- Physical Description: 577 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books