Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Awakening?: A Complete Guide to End-of-Time Predictions
An illustrated, encyclopedic overview of the prophecies, calendars, and theories that indicate the year 2012 is a threshold of great change for humanity � Looks at the scientific and anthropological evidence for the rare galactic alignment due to occur in December 2012 � Sifts through the catastrophic theories to show what we might really expect in 2012 In December of 2012 the Mayan Calendar�s Great Cycle will come to an end. Opinion remains divided as to whether apocalyptic scenarios of worldwide destruction or utopian visions of a spiritually renewed humanity will prevail after this key date has passed. What is certain, however, is that a rare galactic alignment will occur, one so unique that it is found at the core of many wisdom traditions from around the globe. Geoff Stray has been collecting the vast amounts of data relating to the 2012 phenomena since 1982. Far from confining his research to the Maya, who provide the most prominent predictions indicating this date will herald significant changes for humanity, he has studied the prophetic traditions of other cultures--including the Tibetan, Chinese, Jewish, Ethiopian, and tribal cultures from around the globe--to show the kind of convergence of cosmic purposes happening along a number of parallel tracks. This book offers an extensive study of many modern theories, including Terence McKenna�s timewave zero and Maurice Cotterell�s sunspot research as well as anomalous phenomena such as near death experiences and crop circles. Sifting through all the scientific research and speculation that the year 2012 has inspired, Geoff Stray provides an encyclopedic look at what we might really expect on this pivotal date.
- Dewey Decimal: 909.83
- Physical Description: 5.9"x8.8"x1.4"; 1.4 lb; 520 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-05-21
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Physics -- Time
- Religion & Spirituality -- New Age -- Divination -- Prophecy
- Religion & Spirituality -- New Age -- New Thought
- Religion & Spirituality -- New Age -- General
- Religion & Spirituality -- New Age -- General AAS
- Science -- Physics -- Time
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books