BERLIN BATTLEFIELD GUIDE: Third Reich and Cold War
On 16 April 1945 the Red Army unleashed a colossal offensive against Berlin with the aim of destroying Hitler's armies in the East and capturing the German capital before the Western Allies. Over two million soldiers confronted each other in the last act in the war against Nazi Germany.In the course of the next three weeks, relentless Soviet assaults crashed against a desperate, sometimes suicidal defense, and the historic city was turned into a vast battleground. This was the climax of an awful conflict. It represented the death struggle of Hitler's Third Reich and the supreme achievement of Stalin's forces, and the story of the battle has fascinated students of warfare ever since. Yet this epic contest can only be understood by visiting the sites of the battle on the ground, on the outskirts of the city, in the suburbs, in the city center where the final dramatic combat took place. And this is the aim of Tony Le Tissier's definitive guide to the Battle of Berlin.
- Dewey Decimal: 940.54213155
- Physical Description: 6.8"x9.8"x1.1"; 2.2 lb; 320 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-08
- History -- Military -- World War II -- General
- History -- Military -- World War II -- General AAS
- History -- Military -- General
- History -- Military -- General AAS
- Travel -- Europe -- Germany -- Berlin
- Travel -- Europe -- Germany -- General
- Travel -- Europe -- Germany -- General AAS
- Travel -- General
- Travel -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books