Benchmarks: great constitutional controversies in the Supreme Court
Includes index. Includes bibliographical references and index. Foreword / Griffin B. Bell -- Preface / Terry Eastland -- 1. Constitutional Interpretation in the Court's First Decades / Walter Berns -- 2. Interpreting the Fourteenth Amendment: Approaches in Slaughter-House and Plessy / Charles A. Lofgren -- 3. On the Structure of Privacy: Adair and Coppage Revisited / Hadley Arkes -- 4. Constitutional Rights in a Federal System: Rethinking Incorporation and Reverse Incorporation in Patterson and Gitlow / Akhil Reed Amar -- 5. The Right To Be Let Alone: Constitutional Privacy in Griswold, Roe, and Bowers / Nadine Strossen -- 6. Shall We Ratify the New Constitution? The Judicial Manifesto in Casey and Lee / Gerard V. Bradley -- 7. Toward a Structural Approach to Constitutional Interpretation / Mary Ann Glendon -- Appendix: Some Provisions of the Constitution of the United States.
- LCC: KF4550
- Dewey Decimal: 342.73/02
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 181 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth)
- Judicial review -- United States
- United States -- Constitutional law -- Interpretation and construction
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books