The second of a two-volume set, Be Advanced Topics is the official programmer's reference manual to advanced topics in this revolutionary new operating system. Picking up where the Be Developer's Guide leaves off, Be Advanced Topics describes the less commonly used kits in the operating system -- the kits that don't pertain to every application -- and shows you when and how to use them. The book covers the Media Kit, Midi Kit, Game Kit, OpenGL Kit, Network Kit, and Device Kit. It also includes a third-party CD-ROM containing tools, applications, and other freeware designed specifically for the BeOS. Anyone who wants to design specialized applications for the BeOS will find this book and CD-ROM invaluable.
- Physical Description: 376 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1998-08-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books