The application of new molecular methodologies in the study of bacterial behaviour and cell architecture has enabled new revolutionary insights and discoveries in these areas. While this has also raised a number of scientific mysteries about bacteria, it certainly improved our understanding of these organisms as complex and adaptive entities rather than just simple tiny buckets of enzymes. The value of this recent knowledge in bacterial physiology is not only restricted to fundamental biology, but it also extends to biotechnology and drug-discovery disciplines where understanding cell behaviour and structure is essential for better exploitation of useful bacteria and effective eradication of harmful ones. This makes a new text accommodating recent developments in bacterial physiology highly relevant to a wide range of readership including those interested in basic and applied knowledge.
- Dewey Decimal: 571.293
- Physical Description: 6.5"x9.3"x0.8"; 1.4 lb; 372 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-12-18
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biochemistry
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biotechnology
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Microbiology
- Medicine -- Basic Science -- Microbiology
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biochemistry
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Microbiology
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Basic Sciences -- Microbiology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books