Avoid Being a Prisoner in a Medieval Dungeon! (Danger Zone)
This is an ideal text for shared and guided reading for Key Stage 2 pupils within the framework of the National Literacy Strategy. It is set towards the end of the 15th century and casts the reader as an ex-soldier turned gaoler in the king's dungeon, trying to keep the prisoners in check. It investigates the conditions of dungeon life and the corruption of the punishment system. The cartoon-style illustrations and the narrative approach encourage readers to become emotionally involved with the characters and to be interested in the relationship between the gaoler and his captives. Will the reader be the kind and considerate sort, who looks after the prisoners, or a bloodthirsty and cruel torturer? The book includes handy hints and informative captions to make the job safer and less smelly!
- Physical Description: 8.1"x9.1"x0.5"; 0.3 lb; 32 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2003-03-01
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- Europe
- Children's Books -- General
- History -- Europe -- England -- General
- History -- Europe -- England -- General AAS
- History -- Europe -- Ireland -- General
- History -- Europe -- Ireland -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books