Formerly CIP.Uk. Includes bibliographical references and index. Authenticity in culture, self, and society / Phillip Vannini, J. Patrick Williams -- Authenticity without a true self / Alessandro Ferrara -- Self-authenticity as master motive / Andrew J. Weigert -- The importance of insincerity and inauthenticity for self and society : why honesty is not the best policy / Dennis D. Waskul -- The ideology and practice in punk subculture / Philip Lewin, J. Patrick Williams -- Authenticity : perspectives and experiences / Alexis T. Franzese -- Authenticity as motivation and aesthetic experience / Phillip Vannini, Sarah Burgess -- The everyday work and auspices of authenticity / Jaber F. Gubrium, James A. Holstein -- We wear the mask : subordinated masculinity and the persona trap / Michael Schwalbe -- Pop music as a resource for assembling an authentic self : a phenomenological-existential perspective / Joseph A. Kotarba -- Consuming authenticity : a paradoxical dynamic in contemporary capitalism / Jr?n Lamla -- Saying what we mean, meaning what we say : authentic dialogue in aboriginal communities / Joshua Guilar, Lynn Charman -- Performing authentic selfhood in an intentional community / Daphne Holden, Doug Schrock -- Embodying ideologies in tourism : a commemorative visitor book in Israel as a site of authenticity / Chaim Noy -- Emotional performances as dramas of authenticity / E. Doyle McCarthy -- Alternative histories of 9/11 : the cultural conditions underlying conspiracy theories / Gary J. Krug.
- Dewey Decimal: 306.01
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 276 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Anthropology -- Cultural
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- Social Theory
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General AAS
- Authenticity (Philosophy)
- Consumption (Economics) -- Psychological aspects
- Cultural awareness
- Group identity
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books