Art in Public Politics, Economics, and a Democratic Culture
Presents a vigorous case for the arts, arguing for their crucial political, cultural and economic contributions to civil society.
Description based upon print version of record. Cover; Half-title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Preface; PART I: DOUBLE DEFICIT; 1 Culture Wars; 2 What Good Is Art?; 3 Just Art?; PART II: CIVIL SOCIETY; 4 Public Sphere; 5 Civic Sector; 6 Countervailing Forces; PART III: MODERNISM REMIXED; 7 Relational Autonomy; 8 Authenticity and Responsibility; 9 Democratic Culture; 10 Transforming Cultural Policy; Bibliography; Index;
- Dewey Decimal: 306.47
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (354 p.)
- Arts and society
- Democracy and the arts
- Government aid to the arts
- Fine Arts
- Social Science
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books