The arrival of the moving image in contemporary art has provoked a great deal of discussion among critics, artists, and curators and presents a serious challenge to our understanding of the traditional media and institutions of film, painting, and sculpture. Art and the Moving Image explores the cause, the motivation, and the aesthetic, social, and political significance of this paradigm shift. This is the first reader to gather together critical reactions to the moving image in contemporary art, and includes seminal historical texts as well as newly commissioned essays from leading art historians, critics, artists, theorists, and philosophers.
- Dewey Decimal: 700.9
- Physical Description: 7.5"x9.7"x1.3"; 3.2 lb; 480 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-04-01
- Arts & Photography -- History & Criticism -- Criticism
- Arts & Photography -- History & Criticism -- General
- Arts & Photography -- History & Criticism -- General AAS
- Arts & Photography -- Schools, Periods & Styles -- Contemporary Art
- Arts & Photography -- Schools, Periods & Styles -- Modern
- Arts & Photography -- General
- Arts & Photography -- General AAS
- Entertainment -- Movies -- General
- Entertainment -- Movies -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books