"Drawing upon a wide range of primary sources and first-hand accounts - including Clemens's letters, journal entries, and notes; his comments to local newspapers; the letters of his wife and daughter who accompanied him; and the observations of his tour managers - Robert Cooper has created a combination of travel writing, social history, character study, and historiography."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -403) and index.
- LCC: PS1334
- Dewey Decimal: 818/.409
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 420 p.,  p. of plates : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Twain, Mark,1835-1910 -- Travel
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Biography
- Voyages around the world -- History -- 19th century
- Storytelling -- History -- 19th century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books