Spanning all legal history, from the Bible onward, this book covers a variety of sex-charged legal cases, some involving such famous people as Larry Flynt, Jimi Hendrix, and Charlie Chaplin. Detailed are the 1889 case in which the chief justice of England debated whether or not a man could have "sexual connection" with a duck; the 1968 trial in which J. Edgar Hoover tried to ban the album Two Virgins because the cover depicted John Lennon and Yoko Ono stark naked from both directions; and a 2000 trial wherein a stripper sued her plastic surgeon because he stitched breast implants into her buttocks. Ardor in the Court! will appeal to those curious to learn about historical cases where sex and the law intersect.
- Physical Description: 6.9"x6.5"x0.8"; 250 pages; 1.1 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2002-10
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Humor -- Business
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Humor -- Essays
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Humor -- General
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Humor -- Lawyers & Criminals
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Humor -- Love, Sex & Marriage
- Amazon.com -- Law -- Criminal Law -- General
- Amazon.com -- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Criminal Law -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books