How do architects use colour? Do they adopt a different strategy or starting point for every project? Do they gradually cultivate individual colour palettes, which develop alongside their body of built work? Do they utilise, or are they aware of, the body of theoretical work that underpins the use of colour in the past, and forms the basis of most of the colour systems commercially available today? Informed by the author�s thirty years in architectural practice and academia, this book investigates, documents and analyses the work of a number of contemporary architects in order to respond to these questions and provide a clear reference of contemporary colour use. The book suggests a holistic approach to the integration of colour in architecture; through a series of thematic essays, the text explores and reveals underlying principles in colour design and application. Case studies include: AHMM Caruso St John Erich Wiesner and Otto Steidle Gigon/Guyer O�Donnell + Tuomey Sauerbruch Hutton Steven Holl UN Studio. The book provides clear insights into how particular contemporary architects use colour confidently and intelligently as an integral part of their design philosophy, in conjunction with their choices of materials and finishes. Offering a stimulating view of the history of colour theory, and pragmatic advice to practising architects, this book will be inspiring to both design professionals and students.
- Dewey Decimal: 729
- Physical Description: 7.4"x9.6"x0.6"; 1.5 lb; 248 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2012-06-30
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home -- Interior Design
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- Individual Architects & Firms
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- Drafting & Presentation
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- Reference -- Methods & Materials
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- Interior Design
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books