Includes bibliographical references and index. Gene tools to study neuronal apoptosis -- Detection of apoptotic or necrotic death in neuronal cells by morphological, biochemical, and molecular analysis -- Detection of cell death in neural tissue and cell culture -- Cultured cerebellar granule neurons as a model of neuronal apoptosis -- Optimization and validation of RT-PCR as a tool to analyze gene expresion during apoptosis -- p53 induction is a marker of neuronal apoptosis -- Apoptosis and ischemia in the central nervous system -- Analyses of apoptosis-associated DNA fragmentation in vivo during neurodegeneration of the peripheral olfactory system in adult mammals -- Both irreversible neuronal death and reversible neuronal stress are associated with increased levels of statin, a marker of cell cycle arrest -- Beta-amyloid-induced neuronal cell death in transgenic mice and alzheimer's disease -- Use of TUNEL to measure retinal ganglion cell apoptosis -- Methods for detection of apoptosis in the CNS -- Techniques for distinguishing apoptosis from necrosis in cerebrocortical and cerebellar neurons -- The nematode Caenorhabditis elegans as a model system to study neuronal cell death.
- LCC: QH671
- Dewey Decimal: 571.9
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 286 p. : ill.
- Edition Info: (bound)
- Apoptosis -- physiology
- Neurons -- physiology
- Brain Diseases -- physiopathology
- Histocytological Preparation Techniques -- Laboratory Manuals
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books