APIL Guide to Occupational Illness Claims: Second Edition
APIL Guide to Occupational Illness Claims is a practical handbook designed for all those involved in this area of UK specialist personal injury litigation. It is a one-stop source of reference, which provides: an outline of the myriad statutory provisions which regulate this area and the effective date of those provisions, helping to identify which provision was in force at the date of exposure * the nature and medical background to common occupational illnesses * an explanation of the problems associated with complicated expert evidence * practical advice on pursuing and valuing the claim, the procedure for restoring companies to the register, etc. * expertly drafted precedents, draft schedules of damages, and model pleadings. This second edition has been completely rewritten by a team personal injury lawyers, taking into account major changes in UK law and practice, including: a reworked and extended chapter on causation dealing with the development of UK law * putting the law into context for practical litigation * a more detailed treatment of stress at work claims, incorporating the latest judicial attitudes applying the accepted principles in Barber v Somerset County Council * an expanded chapter on Limitation that provides detailed guidance on constructive knowledge and section 33 discretion.
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.6"x0.8"; 1.2 lb; 1 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2012-02-29
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books