"Pegasus paperbooks, produced in association with Runnymede Books, Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, Egham, Surrey." Also includes 15 sonnets from Theatre for worldlings, the first 11 of which are translations of sonnets in the Songe (1-5, 7, 9-12, and 15), and the last four apparently written by Jan van der Noot--P. 11. Antiquitez de Rome and Songe ou vision originally published in 1558, Ruines of Rome and Vision of Bellay originally published in 1591, and Theatre for worldlings originally published in 1569. Parallel French and English texts of Antiquitez de Rome (Ruines of Rome) and Songe ou vision (Visions of Bellay) Includes bibliographical references (p. 138-144)
- LCC: PQ1668
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 144 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- French poetry -- 16th century -- Translations into English
- Rome (Italy) -- Poetry
- Du Bellay, Joachim,1525 (ca.)-1560 -- Translations into English
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books