Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-254) and index. Introduction: "As deep as life itself" -- Birthmarks become landmarks : "little worlds in themselves" -- Genealogies, relationships, and histories -- Biobanking : medical records and genetic databases -- For whom the cell tolls : bioethics -- Biovalue : appropriating genomes -- Human variation -- Conclusion.
- LCC: QH438.7
- Dewey Decimal: 304.5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 268 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Human genetics -- Social aspects
- Anthropology, Cultural
- Cross-Cultural Comparison
- Databases, Genetic
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books