Ancient Mesopotamian Materials and Industries: The Archaeological Evidence
This is the first systematic attempt to survey in detail the archaeological evidence for the crafts and craftsmanship of the Sumerians, Babylonians, and Assyrians in ancient Mesopotamia (c. 8000-300 BC). P.R.S. Moorey reviews briefly the textual evidence, and goes on to examine in detail a wide range of crafts and materials: stones, both common and ornamental, animal products, ceramics, glazed materials and glass, metals, and building materials. With a comprehensive bibliography, this generously illustrated volume will be a key work of reference for archaeologists and those interested in the early history of crafts and technology, as well as for specialists in the ancient Near East.
- Dewey Decimal: 930
- Physical Description: 8.5"x10.7"x1.3"; 3.1 lb; 436 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1999-11
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Archaeology -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Archaeology -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books