Anamnesis and the Eucharist: Contemporary Anglican Approaches
Focusing on the concept of anamnesis (remembrance or memorial), this book highlights a language of connection between the integration of historical, sacramental and ecclesial embodiments of Christ. It explores the source event of the Church's life and the transformative encounter with Christ in the Eucharist, the effects of which are seen in social/ethical/political action and the Church's mission.
Cover; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction: Why Anamnesis?; 1 The Anamnesis Debate; 2 Memory in the Anglican Tradition; 3 What Happens in the Eucharist? Story and Transformation; 4 Meeting God in our Remembering of Him; 5 On the Eucharist: Memory, Time and Transformation; 6 Anamnesis and the Eucharist: Consequences for Mission; Bibliography; Index; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- LCC: BX5149
- Dewey Decimal: 264'.03036
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 180 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)99.95 (NL)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books