By the time European conquistadores and colonizers arrived in the Americas, starting in 1492, American Indians had already invented sophisticated hunting and fishing technology. They gathered hundreds of plants for food, fiber, and medicine, and first domesticated three-quarters of the food crops raised in the world today. Food, Farming, and Hunting covers the many contributions that American Indians have made throughout history, including the various tools used in hunting, such as bolas, bows and arrows, and camouflage, and the different methods of fishing for each culture. The volume identif.
Cover; Front Matter; Contents; Note on Photos; Author's Note; Introduction; 1. Hunting; 2. Fishing; 3. Gathering; 4. Ancient Farming; 5. Agriculture Changes and Grows; 6. Major American Indian Food Crops; 7. More Foods That American Indians Grew or Raised; 8. Food Preservation and Storage; 9. How American Indians Cooked and What They Ate; Glossary of Ancient Cultures of the Americas; Tribes Organized by Culture Area; Appendix: Maps; Further Reading; Index. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to libraries affiliated with Ebooks Corporation.
- LCC: E98
- Dewey Decimal: 641.3/0089/97
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 161 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Indians of North America -- Hunting -- Juvenile literature
- Indians of North America -- Agriculture -- Juvenile literature
- Indians of North America -- Food -- Juvenile literature
- Indians of North America -- Hunting
- Indians of North America -- Agriculture
- Indians of North America -- Food
- Electronic books
- Indians of North America
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books