American Destiny: Narative of a Nation (W/Longman American Historty Student Access Code Card) (Penguin Academics Series, Volume 1: To 1877)
In Eloquent prose, American Destiny: Narrative of a Nation, Second Edition, tells the story of the development and growth of the United States from the time of North Americas earliest human inhabitants up to the present day. Debating the Past, a new feature in this edition, presents historians varying viewpoints and interpretations on such provocative questions as Was the American Revolution rooted in class struggle? Did the frontier change womens roles? Why did the South lose the Civil War? Did immigrants assimilate? and Do historians ever get it right? The Debating the Past feature complements the texts political history framework, encouraging students to think critically while inviting lively class discussion. An incomparable narrative in a compact format at an affordable price, embellished with detailed maps and illustrations with intriguing captions, American Destiny is the right choice for students of American history. The Longman American History student access card is utilized with an internet connection where you can access LongmanAmericanHistory.com anytime, anywhere. LongmandAmericanHistory.com contains over 1100 primary sources, images, audio, clips, and video clips as well as over 100 interactive maps, atlas maps, and map workbook activities.
- Physical Description: 471 pages
- Edition Info: Unknown Binding; 2006
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Education -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Education -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books