American Ambassador: Joseph C. Grew and the Development of the United States Diplomatic Tradition
The definitive biography of Grew, who was American Ambassador to Japan in the years leading up to Pearl Harbor, and Under Secretary of State during the Second World War.
Preface; Contents; PART ONE: Background and Early Career (1880 1922); PART TWO: Diplomacy as a Profession (1922 1927); PART THREE: Ambassador to Turkey (1927 1932); PART FOUR: Far Eastern Crises (1932 1938); PART FIVE: War and Peace in the Pacific (1939 1945); EPILOGUE (1945 1965); Notes; Bibliography; Index; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 327.2/092/4 B
- Physical Description: 479 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Ambassadors - United States - Biography
- Diplomatic and consular service, American
- Grew, Joseph C
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books