America fooled: the truth about antidepressants, antipsychotics, and how we've been deceived
Includes bibliographical references (p. 407-512) and index. Are mental problems mental diseases? -- How psychiatrists and doctors are fooled -- Advertising works -- Analyzing an antidepressant ad -- Ghostwriting -- Tricks of the trade -- Do antidepressants work? -- The FDA drug approval process -- Physical side effects of antidepressants -- Psychological side effects of antidepressants -- Fooled, fooled, and fooled again: the history of treating mental problems -- Side effects of antipsychotics -- Causes of serious mental problems (schizophrenia) -- The continuum model -- An effective guide for avoiding and overcoming depression.
- LCC: RM333.5
- Dewey Decimal: 338.4/76157882
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 523 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Medical misconceptions
- Depression, Mental -- Chemotherapy -- Side effects
- Schizophrenia -- Chemotherapy -- Side effects
- Psychoses -- Chemotherapy
- Drugs -- Side effects
- Medical ethics
- Consumer education
- Psychotropic Drugs -- adverse effects
- Biological Psychiatry -- ethics
- Clinical Trials -- ethics
- Psychopharmacology -- ethics
- Research Design
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books