Published on the occasion of the exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art, and elsewhere. Includes bibliographical references (p. -315) and index. Alvar Aalto : toward a synthetic functionalism / Juhani Pallasmaa -- Aalto's nature / MarcTreib -- Aalto and Finnish industry / Pekka Korvenmaa -- Alvar Aalto and the new humanism of the postwar era / Pete Reed -- The legacy of Alvar Aalto : evolution and influence / Kenneth Frampton -- A note on Aalto as a competitor / Vilhelm Helander.
- LCC: NA1455
- Dewey Decimal: 720/.92
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 319 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : MoMA)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books