Allies and adversaries: the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Grand Alliance, and U. S. strategy in World War II
"Drawing on sources that include the unpublished records of the Joint Chiefs as well as the War, Navy, and State Departments, Mark Stoler analyzes the wartime rise of military influence in U.S. foreign policy. He focuses on the evolution of and debates over U.S. and Allied global strategy. In the process, he examines military fears regarding America's major allies - Great Britain and the Soviet Union - and how those fears affected President Franklin D. Roosevelt's policies, interservice and civil-military relations, military-academic relations, and postwar national security policy as well as wartime strategy."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -355) and index.
- LCC: D769.1
- Dewey Decimal: 940.54/012
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxii, 380 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- United States. -- Joint Chiefs of Staff -- History -- 20th century
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States
- Strategy -- History -- 20th century
- Civil-military relations -- United States
- United States -- Military relations -- Foreign countries
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books