Get in on today�s biggest investing secret! After the global financial storm of 2008, the term �short selling� entered our investing vernacular. But do you know enough about it to safely work it into your overall investing program? With All About Short Selling, you have what you need to yield high returns with this risky but exciting form of trading�without making all-too-common mistakes. Tom Taulli, an expert in the field, provides a comprehensive game plan for playing�and winning�the short selling game. Avoiding complicated theories and inordinately technical explanations, All About Short Selling focuses only on what you need to know, including: Important analysis techniques Benefits of short selling, from portfolio protection to high returns in tough markets Inherent risk, with considerations of interest costs, commissions, large bid/ask speads, bubbles, and short squeezes Tips for analyzing balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements Ways to manage and evaluate a portfolio that includes shorted investments Table of Contents Chapter 1. What Is Short Selling and How Can It Help Your Investing Chapter 2. Characteristics of Short Selling Chapter 3. Risks of Short Selling Chapter 4. Fundamental Analysis Chapter 5. Analyzing the Balance Sheet Chapter 6. Analyzing the Income Statement Chapter 7. Analyzing the Cash Flow Statement Chapter 8. Technical Analysis Chapter 9. Trading Strategies Chapter 10. Alternatives to Short Selling Chapter 11. Shorting ETFs, Options, and Futures Chapter 12. Special Trades Chapter 13. Portfolio Management and Evaluation Chapter 14. Tax Strategies
- Dewey Decimal: 332.632283
- Physical Description: 256 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-03-18
- Business & Investing -- Finance
- Business & Investing -- Investing
- Business & Investing -- Personal Finance
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books