LETTING GO FOR GOOD . . . Once, Jane Moore and Alexandra Walsh were inseparable, sharing secrets and stolen candy, plotting their futures together. But when Jane became pregnant at seventeen, they drifted slowly apart. Jane has spent the years since raising her son, now seventeen himself, on her own, running a gallery, managing her sister�s art career, and looking after their volatile mother�all the while trying not to resent the limited choices life has given her. Then a quirk of fate and a faulty elevator bring Jane into contact with Tom, Alexandra�s husband, who has some shocking news. Alexandra disappeared from a south Dublin suburb months ago, and Tom has been searching fruitlessly for her. Jane offers to help, as do the elevator�s other passengers�Jane�s brilliant but self-absorbed sister, Elle, and Leslie Sheehan, a reclusive web designer who�s ready to step back into the world again. And as Jane quickly realizes, Tom isn�t the only one among them who�s looking for something . . . or traveling toward unexpected revelations about love, life, and what it means to let go, in every sense. In this insightful and irresistible novel, by turns profound, poignant, and laugh- out-loud funny, acclaimed Irish writer Anna McPartlin tells a story of friendship and love, of the families we are born into and the ones we create for ourselves, and of the hope and strength that remain when we fi nd the courage to leave the past behind at last.
- Dewey Decimal: 823.92
- Physical Description: 5.3"x8.2"x1.0"; 0.7 lb; 341 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-04-13
- Literature & Fiction -- World Literature -- Irish
- Mystery & Thrillers -- Thrillers -- Psychological Thrillers
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books