Includes bibliographical references (p. -220) and index. Christianity and Marxism: acceptance and rejection -- An excursus on the possibility of an Aristotelian Marxism -- MacIntyre's evaluative history and Polanyi's historiacl sociology -- The morality of markets and the "crisis of authority": notes for a sociology in a world after virtue -- Managerism and the culture of bureaucratic individualism -- Conclusion: narrative and communities.
- LCC: B1647
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 224 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- MacIntyre, Alasdair C. -- Contributions in philosophy and social sciences
- Philosophy and social sciences
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books