AIDS & HIV in perspective: a guide to understanding the virus and its consequences
Includes bibliographical references (p. -261) and index. What is AIDS and how does it manifest itself? -- The AIDS virus -- The disease mechanisms of HIV -- The transmission of HIV infection -- The AIDS test -- The anti-AIDS drugs -- The quest for the AIDS vaccine -- The ethics of AIDS -- Measuring the dimensions of the AIDS epidemic-AIDS epidemiology -- Conclusion-outlook for the future.
- LCC: RC607
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 268 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books