Agency and change: rethinking change agency in organizations
"Can we make a difference by changing the organizations we inhabit? Agency and Change remaps the limits and possibilities of change agency in organizations, clearly shifting the focus from increasingly outmoded debates on agency and structure to new practice-based discourses on agency and change." "The book presents a critical and selective interdisciplinary exploration of discourses on agency and change in organizations using two overarching conceptual continua: centred agency-decentred agency and systems-processes."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -182) and index. 1. Introduction -- 2. Agency and change -- 3. After Lewin, after modernism : rethinking change agency -- 4. Pettigrew and contextualism : organizational change and strategic choice -- 5. The edge of chaos : complexity theory and organizational change -- 6. From Foucault to constructionist discourses : change without agency? -- 7. Things fall apart?
- LCC: HD58.8
- Dewey Decimal: 302.3/5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 185 p.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books