The third volume of Haggard's African adventures-containing two great novelsRider Haggard's affection for and affinity with the 'Dark Continent' is well known. His adventures featuring Allan Quatermain-the little white hunter, trader and explorer are justly famous and appear as a collected set in their entirety from Leonaur. For some that generous helping of African adventures simply will not be sufficient. Although Haggard was a prolific author not all of his material is familiar or available to those who would enjoy it. Leonaur has gathered together Haggard's 'other' adventures set in Africa into one collection of four books available in soft cover and hard cover with dust jacket for collectors.This is the third volume of the special four volume collection of Rider Haggard's adventures set in Africa. For those whose idea of a good read includes a book with its fair share of action and conflict, the first novel in this volume, 'Queen Sheba's Ring' will be all they could hope for, delivered in a style that is classic Haggard. Within its pages a community attempts to establish itself in deepest Africa. There are those who would foil their plans and soon they must defend themselves against the hostile tribes that surround them. In the second novel, 'Jess'. the reader is transported to the Pretoria of the late nineteenth century during the Boer War-that conflict of the white men of the continent-as the Boers fought to establish autonomy from the every expanding British Empire.
- Physical Description: 5.4"x8.3"x1.3"; 1.5 lb; 500 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-09-21
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Action & Adventure
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Historical
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Men's Adventure
- Literature & Fiction -- General -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books