Includes bibliographical references and index. Preface / Harold Orlans and June O'Neill -- Affirmative action and the clash of experiential realities / Charles V. Hamilton -- Affirmative action in the 1990s: staying the course / William L. Taylor and Susan M. Liss -- Affirmative action and its negative repercussions / Wm. Bradford Reynolds -- The origins of affirmative action: civil rights and the regulatory state / Hugh Davis Graham -- Equal chances versus equal results / Seymour Martin Lipset -- Hispanics, affirmative action, and voting / Linda Chavez -- Affirmative action in the labor market / Dave M. O'Neill and June O'Neill -- Split visions: minority business set-asides / George R. LaNoue -- (cont.) Affirmative action in government employment / J. Edward Kellough -- The drive for racially inclusive schools / Abigail Thernstrom -- Affirmative action in higher education / Harold Orlans -- Work for Americans with disabilities / Walter Y. Oi. -- Positive action for women in Britain -- National Bank of Greenwood / Harold Orlans -- Affirmative action in the military / John Sibley Butler -- Affirmative action at Harvard / John B. Williams.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 247 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books