The twenty-first volume in the series focuses on plant pathology and is the first to integrate Advances in Plant Pathology into Advances in Botanical Research. The articles represented strive both to draw insights from relevant biological disciplines into the realm of plant pathology and to reveal the general principles of plant pathology to the broad audience of biologists, including undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers and teachers.Kombrink and Somssich address how plant pathogens communicate at the genetic and biochemical level in determining resistance or susceptibility. This general theme is continued in articles on the nature of fungal wilt diseases (Beckman and Roberts); plant virus infection (de Zoeten); and the gene-for-gene interactions between plants and fungi (de Wit). Ehrlich takes up the timely issue of how pressure to expand and intensify agriculture is influencing agroecosystems and natural ecosystems on a global scale. The current status and future prospects of chestnuts, in health and disease, is considered by Anagnostakis. In an article on phytoplasmas, Kirkpatrick and Smart review the recent application of molecular techniques to the inference of taxonomic and phylogenetic relationships among mycoplasma-like organisms. To conclude the volume, Savary and colleagues show how a form of systems analysis can be used to handle large and complex data sets in epidemology.
- Dewey Decimal: 580
- Physical Description: 6.1"x8.9"x0.8"; 1.0 lb; 265 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1995-12-18
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Library & Information Science -- Library Management
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Botany
- Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- General
- Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- General AAS
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Botany -- General
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Botany -- General AAS
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Plants -- General
- Science -- General
- Science -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books