Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trial
The therapy of acupuncture has a long history. In its 2500 years of development, a wealth of experience has been accumulated, attesting to the wide range of diseases and conditions that can effectively be treated with its approach. In the past two decades, there have been extensive studies on acupuncture and great efforts have been undertaken to conduct controlled clinical trials, including the use of "sham" acupuncture or "placebo" acupuncture controls. This document is a brief review of the current literature on acupuncture practice, which may provide information about the effectiveness of different aspects of acupuncture therapy. Since the methodology of clinical research on acupuncture is still under debate, it is very difficult to evaluate acupuncture practice by any generally accepted measure. In this publication, only the results of controlled clinical trials that were formally published through the year 1998 (and early 1999 for some journals) are collected and reviewed, so that the conclusions may be generally accepted. In order to promote the appropriate use of acupuncture in those Member States where acupuncture has not been widely used, this document is annexed with a brief abstract of each relevant reference for the assessment of acupuncture practice. The clinical conditions covered in the existing data are also included. It must be emphasized that the list of diseases, symptoms or conditions covered in the publication is based on collected reports of clinical trials and, so, can serve only as a reference. Only national health authorities can determine the diseases, symptoms and conditions for which acupuncture treatment can be recommended.
- Dewey Decimal: 615.892
- Physical Description: 8.1"x11.5"x0.3"; 0.7 lb; 87 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2002-06
- Health, Mind & Body -- Alternative Medicine -- Acupuncture & Acupressure
- Health, Mind & Body -- Alternative Medicine -- General
- Medicine -- Alternative & Holistic -- Acupuncture
- Medicine -- Alternative & Holistic -- General
- Medicine -- General
- Medicine -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Alternative Medicine -- Acupuncture
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Alternative Medicine -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books