"National Academic Advising Association." Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Historical foundations of academic advising / Terry L. Kuhn -- Theoretical foundations of academic advising / Peter L. Hagen, Peggy Jordan -- Ethical foundations of academic advising / Marc Lowenstein -- Legal foundations of academic advising / Mary A. Richard -- Advising for student success / George D. Kuh -- Advising as teaching and learning / Drew C. Appleby -- Advising for career and life planning / Paul A. Gore, A.J. Metz -- The changing college student / Kirsten Kennedy, Jennifer Crissman Ishler -- Moving into college / Mary Stuart Hunter, Leah Kendall -- Moving through college / George E. Steele, Melinda L. McDonald -- Moving on from college / Jennifer Bloom -- Students with specific advising needs / Blane Harding -- Advising students of color and international students / Evette Castillo Clark, Jane Kalionzes -- Vision, mission, goals, and program objectives for academic advising programs / Susan M. Campbell -- Organization of academic advising services / Margaret C. King -- Advising delivery : faculty advising / Martha K. Kemwall -- Advising delivery : professional advisors, counselors, and other staff / Casey Self -- Advising delivery : group strategies / Nancy S. King -- Advising delivery : using technology / Michael J. Leonard -- Critical concepts in advisor training and development / Thomas Brown -- Tools and resources for advisors / Pat Folsom -- Delivering one-to-one advising : skills and competencies / Rusty Fox -- Assessing student learning / John H. Schuh -- Assessing advisor effectiveness / Joe Cuseo -- Assessing the effectiveness of the advising program / Wendy G. Troxel -- Recognition and reward for academic advising in theory and in practice / Jayne K. Drake -- Campus administrator perspectives on advising / James E. Bultman, Faye N. Vowell, Joceyln Y. Harney, John Smarrelli with Susan Ames -- Advising administrator perspectives on advising / Kathy J. Davis, Dick Vallandingham, Philip D. Christman -- Perspectives on the future of academic advising / Thomas J. Grites, Virginia N. Gordon, Wesley R. Habley.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxx, 568 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Business & Investing -- Job Hunting & Careers -- Vocational Guidance
- Nonfiction -- Education -- College & University -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- College & University -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Counseling -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Counseling -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Education -- By Level -- College
- Counseling in higher education -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Faculty advisors -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Counseling in higher education -- United States -- Handbook, manuals, etc
- Faculty advisors -- United States -- Handbook, manuals, etc
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books