A study of the individual, the organization and the cultural match in Taiwan
The concept of person/organizational fit has received attention from a number of theorists. However, there has been little attention paid to the interaction of this fit to such concepts as job satisfaction and organizational commitment. This was the area of focus in this study. The key question looked at in this study revolves around the impact of the organization/individual fit on employees. This question was explored from two different aspects. The first aspect is the impact of the individual/organization fit on job satisfaction. The results of this study indicate that the fit plays an important role. The better the fit the higher the level of job satisfaction will be. This was true regardless of the organizational culture studied. The second element that was investigated in terms of the impact of the individual/organizational fit was organizational commitment. In order to measure organizational commitment, two measures were used. The first measure was a questionnaire designed to measure organizational commitment. The second measure of commitment was the level of turnover in the organization during the previous year. The relationship between the fit and the level of commitment was consistent for all three cultures. (Abstract shortened by UMI.)
Adviser: Bill Snow. Thesis (D.B.A.)--Nova Southeastern University, 1999. Access restricted to subscribers.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 118 p.
- Business Administration, Management
- Sociology, Industrial and Labor Relations
- Psychology, Industrial
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books