A Special Book About Me: A Book for Children Diagnosed With Asperger Syndrome (Asperger Syndrome After the Diagnosis)
'There's a kid at school who gets extra help from a special teacher. He has temper tantrums when he is angry and sometimes finds it hard to pay attention. He might even have been to a special school to learn how to behave appropriately in class. One day this kid started to ask questions like, 'Why do I feel different - am I not like other kids?' This kid might be a little different from others in some ways...but this kid is not stupid! Can you solve the mystery of the special kid?'This book offers a fun and accessible introduction for a child diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome (AS).Intended as a support tool in the initial period after diagnosis, "A Special Book About Me" is varied and engaging, and addresses questions or concerns that the child might have, such as 'What are the characteristics of AS?', 'Why did it happen to me?', and 'What happens now?'. Also included are poems, stories, illustrations and activities to help them come to terms with and move forward from a diagnosis of AS. "A Special Book About Me" will be essential reading for children in the initial period after a diagnosis of AS.
- Dewey Decimal: 618.92858832
- Physical Description: 5.3"x8.1"x0.2"; 0.2 lb; 32 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-03-15
- Health, Mind & Body -- Personal Health -- Children's Health -- Autism & Asperger's Syndrome
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Child Psychology -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- General
- Medicine -- Specialties -- Pediatrics -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books